Sunday 10 July 2022

Left in Limbo

With the car in for MOT, I had to leave for St German's before ten this morning, to look for a bus to take me into town. When I reached the junction of Romilly Road and Llandaff road, I could see a 61 waiting behind a car for the lights to change. I took off and ran the hundred yards to the next stop at the Methodist Church, and was there before it arrived. It dropped me off in Wood Street at ten past ten, and then I walked the rest of the way, arriving at church just after half past ten. It was bright and sunny with a cool breeze, a perfect summer morning to rejoice in. The church was filled with bright sunlight and clouds of incense. It was a lovely celebration. The congregation say they'll miss me, but I'll miss them all as well. It's been a place of refuge and great comfort to me since I retired.

I had a lift home with Fr Malcolm, and arrived at the usual time which surprised Clare, who was expecting me to be late returning. After lunch, I revived my Post Office Money Card with some Euros, and loaded the app on my phone, all of which was easier than I imagined, and drew some more sterling from the bank to pay for my airport taxi. All I need to do tomorrow is acquire Euros in cash. A trial packing of my new travel bags hasn't presented any problems, so I'm nearly ready to go. 

After her siesta I helped Clare navigate through the on-line check-in procedure to get her flight boarding pass. Even though it's a month away, she already had a seat booked, so this was possible. Then I took her to the location of the veggie bag drop-off depot, as she's not had to collect from the new site before.

I continued watching remaining episodes of 'Trom' on BBC iPlayer during the evening. It reached a fair conclusion, then there was a surprise cliff hanger ending, which means a second series is proposed, but there's no indication of whether this has been made yet, let alone launched in Denmark. The first six episodes were made this year, so disappointingly we're left in narrative limbo.

There's no shortage of MPs promoting themselves as a future Tory Prime Minister even before electoral rules governing the contest are officially announced. If only they realised how silly they all look.

No comments:

Post a Comment