Monday 25 July 2022

Start the week housekeeping

Slightly cooler today but quite humid. After breakfast, I worked on my Sunday sermon and then on this Thursday's prayer video, which I finished and uploaded to YouTube before having lunch. Then I went and did my big weekly grocery shopping trip to Mercadona, as it wasn't too hot. Tomorrow afternoon is going to be 35C, time to hunker down. 

Before supper, I walked to the Marina to draw euros from the Santander ATM. The transaction fee is under five euros, but the current exchange rate is £189 for €200, the pound is so weak at the moment. I thought the limit was €300 but wasn't offer that amount, unless I missed it. But never mind, I can cover all my costs one way or another. My travel money card has been useful, and the app on my smartphone worth the memory it occupies.

I hadn't walked my full quota by the time I returned, and decided not to bother, as I was feeling footsore, perhaps due to the humidity. There were document to print out for Lew's funeral, and then early to bed, for a nine fifteen start. Putting out the rubbish and re-cycling can wait until tomorrow evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment