Tuesday 7 February 2023

Washout

On the weekend, the phone started displaying a severe weather alert - rain, lots of it, starting in the middle of last night.
I didn't realise I'd overslept by an hour this morning because the sky was overcast. Just like being back in Cardiff, except it's freezing cold, clear and cloudless there at the moment.

It has rained heavily, occasionally slowing to a drizzle but hardly letting up all day. It's been so heavy, I haven't ventured beyond the doorstep. All I've done apart from make and eat meals, pace around the house for exercise, and do a small amount of washing, is read all day, plus make a start on writing next week's reflection.

Even if I had brought rain trousers I wouldn't have ventured out as I'd soon be soaked through without suitable means to dry things quickly. As I discovered when I had to dry stuff I washed. It'll rain until tomorrow morning, and then maybe the sun will return to finish the job. Still one confined wet day in thirteen isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment