Sunday 17 September 2023

Hidden but now revealed

Rain for much of the day, quite heavy on times. Owain returned from his gig at two in the morning, and we are expecting him to leave after breakfast at the same time we were leaving for church, but his big toe joint had swelled up badly overnight that he couldn't walk on it, so he stayed at lot longer than intended.  The physical demands of house moving this past few weeks have taken a toll on him. He can rest and be looked after while he's here. It's good to have his company.

It was raining when I drove to St German's and raining when I returned. There were thirty five of us, the same as usual, few were put off by the weather. After we'd eaten and Owain had rested his foot a while longer, the swelling had reduced enough for him to make the return journey. I dropped him off at the station in time for a four thirty train, and was pleased to hear later that he'd arrived without incident.

Parking in the street was almost full when I got back from church, I was lucky to find a different space after dropping Owain off at the station. I was due to go to St Peter's Fairwater to officiate at Evensong and Benediction at six and decided to take the 61 bus instead as the rain had slackened off, and I know it's only a short walk from Fairwater Green to the church. I checked the timetable and went to the bus stop just as a 61 arrived. More by luck than judgement! There were only three of us for the service, but I still enjoyed it anyway, as it was a revised version of the Church in Wales Evening Office I've not used before. I had a lift home and arrived in time for the Archers and supper. Then I went out and walked for an hour, as it got dark, taking my umbrella with me as it was drizzling with the odd short burst of heavy rain.

I settled down then to finish watching 'Sisterhood' and the penultimate episode of 'The Woman in the Wall' both of which had an unusual number of strong female actors, and powerful emotional content, the former made in Iceland, and the latter in Ireland. An interesting sign of the times, and telling stories about crimes concealed and coming to light after many years. Interesting too as yet another broadcasting personality is accused of offences committed earlier in his rise to fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment