Thursday 21 September 2023

Weekend visitor

I woke up just before Thought for the Day, and posted this week's Morning Prayer link to WhatsApp, and then had to listen to it on catch-up, as it came on early. Clare had her first flute lesson after breakfast. I went to the St John's Eucharist with this week's Foodbank offering.  Area Dean Dyfrig Lloyd celebrated for the seven of us present. It was good to catch up with him, and take a photo of him that I can use on a future edition of Sway. 

When I got home, I completed work on this week's edition, and then received a WhatsApp message and a separate email from Mother Francis, with a link to a YouTube video message, thanking the churches for her farewell gifts, and then showing us around Holy Island. I emailed and asked her for a photograph of herself in situ to include with the video link in Sway. It was a welcome just-in-time addition to this week's Sway.

We had a snack lunch, as Sister in Law Ann was due to arrive mid afternoon, and would need a proper meal. Then I sent out this week's Sway mailshot. I'm still puzzled about how to include new email addresses in the mailshot list. I added Fr Dyfrig's last week, but he's not receiving it. Can't figure it out yet. I collected Ann from the station at half past three, fifteen minutes late, after circulating in the car park, full to overflowing as many people were waiting for a London train delayed due to a railway suicide causing traffic chaos on westbound lines.

After a cup of tea and a slice of bara brith, I cooked a dish of chicken with canelli beans for supper, then popped down to Tesco's for milk and wine while the rice and vegetables cooked. When we'd eaten Clare took Ann with her to Conway Methodist Church for a Canton Community Choir practice, just for fun. I designed a mini poster for Sway to advertise St Catherine's Harvest Family Service in two week's time. This took me quite a while. It's not straightforward, creating a slide in Libre Office Impress. Something more I need to learn how to do properly and promptly. 

Then, as Clare and Ann returned from singing, I went out and walked in the dark for three quarters of an hour, before joining them for a drink and a chat to end quite a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment