Monday 14 January 2019

Different kinds of wires crossed

Clare took the car into the garage this morning, as the same fault affecting the central locking system and electric window on the driver's side has returned to haunt us. It's a puzzle. Something has worked loose or perhaps damp is affecting the wiring loom. It'll take a while to find out so it's just as well we have no need of the

I was surprised to receive a phone call from the Cardiology department at the Heath Hospital after breakfast calling me in for an ultrasound scan. Surprised, as I'd been told in a 'phone call Thursday last that the anaesthetist didn't consider I needed one for my postponed operation to be performed. I asked if there were crossed wires again in hospital communications and was reassured the initiative arose as a result of the pre-op, as one of the heart consultants reading the report noticed that I was overdue for a heart check-up.

My GP referred me for this after I complained of palpitations, which turned out to have been triggered by drinking too much coffee, or perhaps something digestion related at that time. The cardiologist at that time gave me a clean bill of health, stating that my heart condition was normal and healthy for my age. He said he'd I'd get another check in two years, and that was that. But when did it happen? I couldn't remember, so checked back through old blog entries, only to discover that it's three years since my first scan. 

How time flies! Has the checkup system been slow in catching up with me? Or did the cardiologist say two years when he meant three? It's a mystery, but now is as good a time as any for a follow up check, so I have an appointment booked for Thursday at eight forty. It's early to be out and about as I'm usually needing a change of wound dressing around breakfast time, but we'll figure out how to manage this. As the car's unlikely to be returned before then, and buses to and from the Heath in heavy traffic are unreliable. I have walked the distance in about forty minutes, but the weather may not be in my favour, so I'll need a taxi to get there.  At least I won't have to wait long so early in the day, and the scan only takes twenty minutes. Here's hoping.

Finally, a letter giving me a date for surgery on Valentine's Day, a month from now. Here's hoping there'll not be another cancellation. I don't know how I'd cope. Diagnosed as needing surgery on 18th October, it's taken three months to get this far, and four to the op - for minor surgery they call it?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment