Friday 4 January 2019

A landmark day

No two days are the same at the moment. Although I slept well, and wasn't much bothered by pain or discomfort, I felt very tired, though not weak. I walked to the GP surgery for an appointment, and when I got back, I returned to bed and dozed until lunchtime. Then I walked down to the Riverside Health Surgery for a wound dressing where I met another of the District Nurse team. I learned today that the team is twenty strong and covers a large area of central Cardiff. I think I've met six of them over the past nine days.

I discussed this tiredness with the nurse, and she said it was to be expected after yesterday's outing to UHW for the pre-op assessment. It's a matter of allowing for extra down-time to recover in between bouts of activity of ny kind, while the body copes with an open wound. OK, fair enough I suppose. I'm just not used to this! Thankfully, by mid afternoon, the tiredness wore off, and I enjoyed another half hour's walking when I went to collect a new prescription from the pharmacy.

Owain takes possession of the keys of his new flat today. A friend has helped him set up by taking him to IKEA to buy a new items of furniture, as he has none of his own. He'll be moving in all his goods and chattels over the weekend. We're so pleased for him, as the misfortunes of his work life have left him unsettled for the best part of a decade. He's not alone in this, given the state of the world wished upon us by our economic overlords in this new century.

No comments:

Post a Comment