Tuesday 2 July 2019

Adaptor dearth

I did the big weekly grocery shopping outing this morning and cooked lunch while Clare was out at her study group. I've been looking for adaptors for USB-C to USB2 devices lately, without success until I called into Touro Tech computers in Wyndham Street. Here they sell tine dongles which offer a USB B female socket into which a variety of cables and devices can be plugged. I need this as the new Asus Chromebook only has USB-C ports and a micro SD card port. Very trendy 'state of the art' stuff but to hell with legacy compatibility. But, where there's a will there's a way.   

I spent the afternoon, preparing a suitable handover document for HSBC in relation to Amanda's Injury Trust fund, which was set up in 2010 with Owain and I as Trustees. It's time to hand this responsibility over to her son James as he's now come of age. One less thing to worry about. Before Christmas, when I was quite ill and wondering what my chances of survival were, this was the kind of concern which lurked at the back of my mind. How difficult would it be for her if were to die unexpectedly? Running out of years forces you to think about responsibilities to others of this kind. So glad I no longer have responsibility for running parish affairs, and am still free and well enough to do pastoral work. It's all I was ever keen to do actually.

For the second day in a row I walked over five miles, grateful that two idle days over the weekend hadn't set me back in terms endurance. I didn't go out until Clare left for choir practice and I was over two hours walking, with stops to take photos, as ever. The long shadows of evening across the Fields in the hours before a golden sunset were inspiringly beautiful.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment