Wednesday 3 July 2019

Summer colour

This morning I celebrated the Eucharist at St Catherine's with five of the regulars. As Clive was away this week, I acquired his keys and played caretaker for once. It meant I had to stay a lot longer than I normally would, but with no pressing engagements later it didn't matter. 

I  took some lovely photos of flowers in Clare's garden after lunch. Over time she's added a great variety of flowering plants which come into blossom through spring and into autumn. Some come and go while others last long, but the colour composition changes often, as is very camera friendly. Take a peek here 

My afternoon walk took me to the big Tesco on Western Avenue in search of a new USB card reader, as the one I've had for many years is now faulty through wear and tear. I found what I needed for just a fiver, probably a quarter of what I paid for the equivalent item over a decade ago. I guess, in that time the market for such small add-on devices has grown hugely and manufacturing costs go down. On the return walk, I got some more heron photos. It was a bird with different markings this time, so more mature I think. I was pleased to find, on my return, that my days's walk had been over six miles, with no ill effects.

Nothing so far from the hospital about my appointments complaint.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment