Monday 1 July 2019

On the warpath again

I woke up very early, half past four, fretting about not hearing anything more from the surgeon's secretary about what's supposed to be happening, despite my repeated requests for information to help make sense of two forthcoming appointments, and being given the impression that something needed to be arranged 'urgently', eleven days ago. So I decided it was time to launch a complaint procedure, and spent a couple of daybreak hours itemising the past few weeks of communications, which it was impossible to make sense of. By breakfast time, an email had been prepared and sent, with an auto-reply received. How long will this take I wonder?

This is Owain's actual birthday, and he arranged to go out with his long standing friend Anna on a day trip to Burry Port, a favourite spot of his on the Costa Carmarthen. Later we saw his photos on Instagram.

I had to return to bed to catch up on sleep after my early start, and wasn't fit to do much until the evening, when I managed a good long walk, and some photos of a juvenile grey heron exploring the best spots for fishing, down below the bridge at Blackweir. The older birds know the terrain. They just turn up and stand still for hours contemplating the water, hardly ever moving. In comparison the younger is almost fidgeting down at the water's edge. Fascinating.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment