Friday 12 July 2019

Making the most of the sun

Clare drove me out to Llandough hospital for my pre-op assessment check mid-morning. Same routine as before, except that I am fitter and feel better for being able to exercise more. I see the surgeon in another four weeks from now, and some time after that will get a date for the third round of surgery.

I returned home on the bus, and then did some necessary weekend shopping. Making the most of the weather, Clare took our large double duvet to the dry cleaners on her way to the gym. I collected it at the end of the afternoon and hung it out in the sunshine for a couple of hours to give it an extra airing, and make it smell extra fresh, naturally.

I went for a walk after supper, spent an hour editing my Caldey photos, then went to bed early to read some more of the Pablo Poveda novel I have been neglecting lately as I've not found time to settle and read. I've not watched much telly lately either. When the sun shines,  and it's not fiercely hot, being outdoors is what matters most. As a result, I look as sun-tanned as when I  spend time in Spain, and the same happens in deep mid-winter.


When I did teaching practice in the mid eighties, some kids in an all white class asked if I was a Pakistani, because my Welsh accent was unfamiliar to them, and I was dark skinned compared to them. Was it a wind up, or sheer adolescent ignorance of anyone outside their cohort? I'll never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment