Saturday 20 August 2022

An active day

It was a pleasantly cool night and for much of the day its as 28-29C with a breeze again. I woke up as the sky was turning orange and went outside to watch the dawn and take a few photographs, then went back to bed for a while. Clare cooked pancakes for breakfast with egg batter so I couldn't eat them as I would have done at home, made with a vegan. Never mind, Saturday ritual was duly observed., complete with mashed banana and choccy sauce. 

I had a message from Patricia to say she'd arranged a lift for us to the coach station for our departure a week tomorrow. There was a phone call from a funeral arranger for a service on 31st August. The man in question was by his accent, a Brit, but didn't know that the chaplain he'd worked with before had left nearly a year ago. I was able to put him in touch with incoming locum priest Fr William, who arrives on the day we fly home, fortunately.

We were out of bread and mushrooms, so I walked to the Carrefour market while Clare did her special physio exercises. She went for a swim in the urbanizacion pool while I prepared lunch. After a siesta, we walked to Playa Seghers so she could have a second swim in the sea off a crowded beach, but the water was too shallow for a good swim, without going further out and not being within sight. Determination to have a sea swim satisfied, albeit briefly.

We then walked further towards town to 'Buen Temps' a Chinese run café and small shop for a drink. As we were near Carrefour, I popped across the road to get some lemons, another item forgotten from the shopping list. There's something about persistent heat that seems to impair brain function if you're unused to it. When Clare went to pay she was accidentally overcharged as she was given someone else's bill, so I had to go back with her and explain to rectify matters. My Spanish works, even it I find it hard to recall the correct vocabulary for a specific item!

I walked further today than at any other time since I've been here. We were both pretty tired by the time we returned for a salad supper, and agreed on an early night, with an early Sunday start ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment