Monday 8 August 2022

Dos Gardenias

Another humid day, although a little cooler. I spent the morning at my desk, preparing things for next Sunday when I have a Christening at the first service. A different sermon is required for each service, so I need to write separate ones. That's OK, I have plenty of time. I also had next week's Morning Prayer email from Ruth a day early, which needed considering, and there was this week's to complete and upload ready for Thursday. Enough to keep me from getting bored!

Again, during my afternoon walk down to the port, I chatted with Clare on WhatsApp, and then went to Carrefour to get some bread, as I ran out this morning. Later in the evening after supper, I strolled along the Senda Litoral. In the garden of a big hotel, I could hear a woman with a decent voice singing 'Dos Gardenias' to what I think was a backing track rather than a live band. It sounded lovely in the hue of the setting sun, but it took me ages tot remember what the song was called. I wonder if there's singing here every night? I must check before Clare comes, a there's a small area of seating nearby, overlooking the sea, very romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment