Thursday 18 August 2022

Taking the plunge

The hot wind gave way to much cooler conditions overnight and this morning. I uploaded the today's link  to Morning Prayer, and after breakfast finished off next week's offering, and uploaded it to YouTube ready. 

Andrea popped in with the chaplaincy's new Bluetooth speaker, to be used for the first time this Sunday at both the Eucharist and the funeral service that follows it. I had to be sure it would work with my phone as I have MP3 files of the music tucked away on my phone ready to use. 

Then I accompanied Clare to the swimming pool, so she could try herself out in the water. It's the first time for her to swim since her osteoporosis diagnosis, and extra care was needed. Thankfully no mishaps. I cooked her a mushroom omelette with veg for lunch and cooked chorizo with my special lentil dish for myself. I was very pleased to find that I can digest chorizo without distressing my gallstone. It's a taste of Spain I love.

Next, an expedition by car to Mercadona to get things we couldn't find or carry yesterday. It was quiet for an afternoon, perhaps because the 28C temperature and cooling wind made beach-going irresistible after a scorcher of a day yesterday, in every sense. Mission accomplished, we walked to the port and back before supper, and then delighted in an exquisite sunset, viewed from the bedroom balcony, tired after a pretty active day, one way or another.


No comments:

Post a Comment