Tuesday 27 September 2022

Job done

After a good sleep and breakfast, I continued tweaking a few things on my sister's computer, including a check on whether the printer would work after the update. Thankfully it did work properly and didn't need attention. I also deduplicated files on the backup drive. Now that the computer's file system is synced with One Drive June, a flash drive backup is not so necessary, except as a dated archive copy. June prepared a list of technical questions for which she needed explanations, and we worked through them as well.

After lunch I walked to Northcote Road Pharmacy to collect her prescription medication and buy a few other items she needed. I walked across Wandsworth Common on the way back, and as interested to hear parakeets squawking in the trees. A few years ago the first inland colony established itself around the lakes on thte west side of Heathrow Airport. Progressively since then they have spread much further afield in the metropolis. An invasive species competing for food and space with indigenous species, no matter how attractive people might find them to look at.

After a teatime snack, I parted company with my sister and caught the train to Victoria, and then the Circle line underground to Paddington. It was so packed with commuters, I put a face mask on as a precaution. Paddington was also very crowded with travellers. I had half an hour to wait before boarding a train which was pretty full. Most passengers were reading or writing on their phones, and some were working on their laptops. The train began to empty at Reading and Swindon, and even Bristol Parkway, which illustrates I believe, how far people are commuting these days.

The train arrived at nine fifteen, spot on time, and I walked from there as far as Canton. Impulsively at the bottom of Romilly Road, I crossed over to walk through the bas shelter, and as I reached it a 61 bus pulled up alongside me, so I had a ride for the last two thirds of a mile. Good to be back at the predicted time, with two services to take tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment