Saturday 22 October 2022

Catching up after time out

After breakfast, Clare was picked up by Mother Frances for a trip to the choir rehearsal in Llantwit Major. As I wasn't sure I'd be able to cope with sight reading music comfortably, I decided not to go. I spent the entire morning recording and editing audio for the two Morning Prayer video sessions I'm doing for next week, standing in for Ruth on Wednesday. 

My left eye wasn't giving me any pain or discomfort while I worked, though I'm a bit sensitive to brighter white light, and played around with the display settings on my laptop to find out which suited me better - testing is a work in progress. I no longer have a strong double image at an odd angle in this eye, but a slight ghosting of high contrast images vertically above. It may rectify itself in the coming week, but I believe it may need reading specs with a corrective lens, as I noticed the ghosting disappeared when looking through my current spec lens from the edge near the frame where there's a slight curvature. The big challenge at the moment is self administration of they eye drops.

Then, I cooked lunch in time for Clare's return at one thirty. I sat down in the lounge to listen to 'Any Answers', having listened to 'Any Questions', interested in what callers said about another unprecedented Tory leadership contest, and in particular about the return of Boris Jonson to the forefront of political life after a spell of disgrace which isn't concluded yet, as he is under investigation into his conduct while in office. Amazing that people can be in denial about his ability and character as a political leader. 

Before the programme had finished, I fell asleep for an hour, and then went out for a walk before it got dark. It was a pleasure to be able to see clearly again outdoors in late afternoon light. Although I can see quite well with my right eye, as it hasn't clouded over yet, the difference between the eye with a cataract and the one without is quite marked. The days seem to be shortening very fast now. Clocks back next weekend. It had been overcast and dry most of the day, but started to drizzle and then rain properly half way through my walk. Rather than get soaked I cut short my walk by half an hour, returned home and continued working on the prayer videos and then uploading them to YouTube before supper.

I went to bed afterwards to watch tonight's double episode of 'Wisting' on my Chromebook, so that Clare could watch a programme about Billy Connolly on telly, which I've seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment