Friday 21 October 2022

Recovery

After a fairly comfortable night's sleep, I found my left eye was far less foggy, though still feeling bruised and responding to bright light uncomfortably. Chris put my first lot of eye drops in before breakfast, and Martin the second batch at lunchtime, which was helpful to dtart with, so that I know what success is like.

 As the morning passed it became much clearer, if a bit slow to focus at a distance. The double image I've had in this eye for several years has gone, and reading even without specs surprisingly enough, much easier. I'm sure I will need new specs when all has settled down eventually, but for the moment, the ones I have are adequate. 

Just before lunch eye surgeon Andrew rang up to check me out, and was pleased at the progress I reported. It seems my response to treatment was somewhat quicker than he expected. He's recommended using the eye drops six times a day. Until Monday, and then reverting to four. That'll be a challenge to remember.

Martin drove me home and I arrived just after Clare had returned from Langland Bay, by taxi to Swansea station and then train to Cardiff and another taxi to the house. I was relieved to have her help with the eye drops. There were answering machine calls on Thuesday and Wednesdays from Pidgeons about a funeral the week after next, but as I'd not responded they found someone else. I've shared my mobile number with them now for future reference.

I was due to go to St German's for a Concert this evening, but a walk to the shops made me realise that as I was still feeling the after effects of the operation, the effort of going out again would be too much for me at this stage. I'm in two minds about going to the concert rehearsal tomorrow, although I need the practice, a quiet day without effort would do me more good.

More Four Walter Presents had a new French crimmie series to watch this evening, about a detective who teams up with a police archivist whose job is to process crime records. The archivist is autistic with a vast amount of criminological expertise, plus an encyclopaedic memory, which is invaluable in researching the background of crimes, and making connections others cannot see. It's an interesting theses, maybe based on a real life person writ large. The actress playing the archivist part is brilliant in representing autistic behaviour and inevitably the awkward dialogue between her and the other characters is funny. It's quite an original take on the subject of neuro-diversity and human potential.  

No comments:

Post a Comment