Friday 14 October 2022

Crab apple time

I spent the morning backing up photo files to a hard drive, so that they're not just deposited on the web or on one of my computers. I do this only two or three times a year and it takes time to do thoroughly, so that I can keep track of them all.

Yesterday, I noticed a photographer taking pictures of number eleven next door. Days before furniture was delivered. We wondered at first if someone was moving in, but as the house hasn't yet been advertised for sale or rent this seemed unlikely. Seeing the photographer I realised he was taking promotional photos. This evening I noticed that a 'For Sale' notice had been erected. It'll be advertised on the web now, and in the estate agent's shop window.

We received a letter this morning notifying us of a Welsh Athletics Association cross country competition in Llandaff Fields tomorrow, as a large number of people will converge on the area and there will be some traffic disruption. When I went out for my afternoon walk, miles of running lanes had been marked out with stakes and special marker tape all around the western part of the park, with a small tent village for those involved in welcoming people and organising the event, all erected this morning. I walked around the perimeter once, then remembered that I'd promised to pick crab apples from our favourite pair of trees today as now they are ripe enough to harvest and turn into jelly.

I went home to get a bag and met Clare just returned from buying a train ticket at the station, and she came harvesting with me. We picked seven and a half pounds between us, and prepared three pounds worth for cooking straight away. The rest will have to wait in the shed for cooking when we return from the Gower.


No comments:

Post a Comment