Tuesday 18 October 2022

Headland view

Another day of sunshine and clouds, warm enough to eat lunch again out on the terrace. Before lunch, we walked on the coast path as far as Caswell Bay. Clare and Ann turned back at the point. I continued the last quarter of a mile as far as the beach cafe before turning back, and climbing up the steep track to walk back on the clifftop path, perched 120 metres above sea, and seventy above the metalled coast path. The view from the top is wonderful. The broad headland is occupied by part of the Langland golf course, and was busy with golfers. The path around the periphery of the fairway was not well way-marked. The path descent was steep and embedded with sharp stones which was painfully difficult to negotiate. I arrived footsore back at the apartment just as Clare was serving a delicious lentil curry.

In the afternoon, I drove the car to the junction at the top of the hill and walked into Mumbles along Overland Road, which runs along the ridge before descending to Oystermouth, taking me directly to the south entry of All Saints' Parish Church. This was the route I couldn't find on Sunday. I bought a couple of bottles of wine, then walked back along the main road route to where I left the car, a round trip of an hour. Normally I'd have walked the whole way there and back, but the morning's steep hill climbs left me with tired legs, and I didn't want to push myself right up to the limit of what they can take.

The house internet upload speed is so slow it stalls coping with multiple photo uploads. Google Photos seems to work by batch uploading four pictures at at a time, which works well if the upload speed is fast enough, but not at all if the speed is less than half a megabyte a second, so photos have to be uploaded completely one a time, and this takes much longer. It took me more than an hour before supper to upload the two dozen photos I took earlier in the day. 

After supper we talked over a nice bottle of Chilean Pinto Noir, then watched an old episode of 'The Mallorca Files' on telly, as there was nothing else on of any interest to watch before the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment