Monday 28 November 2022

Bedazzled

After breakfast, a short stint of duty housework, then a ride to Thornhill for today's funeral with just six of us present, neighbours and me, as there were no next of kin. Before I arrived the crem's on-line digital music system had crashed, and only just recovered. Music for the first service of the day had to be played on from a phone into the minister's microphone instead, but all was well again by the time it was my turn.

I got back at noon and wrote a lengthy response to an email I'd received, which took me an hour, so Clare and I had to work speedily together to deliver the meal we both needed. It was on the table by just after half past one. Despite a good night's sleep, I felt very tired and slept for the best part of an hour, so the sun was setting by the time I went out for a walk and it soon got dark, leaving my having to contend with the dazzling lights of commuting cyclists on my way back. A good reason to walk in the park sooner rather than later in the day at this time of year. 

The new generation of LED lights emit high intensity light, which is good to light one's way, but distressing to the eyes of those who are out walking in the dark, relying on the natural ability of the eyes to adjust adequately to low light levels. The idea of having lights that dip out of concern for other road users seems to have no place in the mindset of night time cycling commuters.

After supper I completed this week's Morning Prayer video and uploaded to YouTube. After more than two days switched on and in use, the new Moto phone needed recharging. That's pretty good battery life. I also took a few photos with it, and was quite impressed by the result. I'm not sure it could replace a proper pocket camera however.

I watched another confusing episode of 'The Blacklist' complete with mumbled dialogue, and spent quite a bit of time with DuoLingo doing new exercises as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment