Tuesday 29 November 2022

Hairdo

I sent a WhatsApp bon voyage message to Andrew after waking up this morning, as today he's starting the long journey to Malawi and the eye clinic he's helping to establish there. After breakfast, Clare's study group met at our  house, and I confined myself to the bedroom, writing a sermon for next Sunday. By the time I came downstairs again after they'd left, lunch was already cooked and on the table. We had a large fillet of Red Fish, which neither of us recall eating before, succulent and tasty, a bit like cod.

After lunch I went for a brisk walk around Llandaff Fields for an hour while Clare siesta'd, then we drove over to Rumney for a hairdressing session with Chris at his salon. While Clare was in the chair, I went for a walk around the lake at Parc Tredelerch as I did last time but today with my Sony HX90. It was misty and overcast, already seeming to be quite dark an hour before sunset. I snapped a big old heron on watch at the edge of a bank of reeds, some swans, coots and tufted ducks in the middle of the lake, plus a large number of assorted gulls resting on the water. Another brisk but rewarding walk before having my long but ragged hair trimmed to perfection. 

Although traffic was heavy on the return trip, it ran slowly without holdups, so we arrived home for an early supper, as Clare was then going out to her weekly meditation group. I couldn't bear to watch Wales versus England football at the World Cup, as their wins against England have been few and far between over the years, and as anticipated they were thrashed. There was nothing else of much interest on telly. Instead, I archived archived videos I've made from my computer to a backup hard drive.

Then I watched a full length movie reprise of the spy thriller 'Spooks' from  2015 on iPlayer entitled 'The Greater Good'. Fast paced and full of violence, it was in contrast to the Le Carre book I finished this afternoon, called 'Running Agents in the Field' which proceeded in a leisurely anecdotal way over the few days in which it was set, with only the odd threat or promise of violence and some brilliant intriguing dialogue masking the real intent of the agents throughout, albeit a little harder to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment