Thursday 3 November 2022

Soaked through

I posted my prayer video link to WhatsApp later than usual as I slept until quarter past eight. Sara was up before the rest of, making herself a mug of very strong coffee. She's a very early riser at home. I didn't go to St John's for the Eucharist, but was surprised and delighted to learn later from WhatsApp that the Thursday morning 'Warm Church' initiative went from no visitors last week to around forty today, many of them mothers with children. This may be a result of something spread on local social media I guess. I do hope the interest and interest continues and that something similar happens in St Catherine's and St Luke's.

Mid morning, we walked to the Cathedral across Llandaff Fields and got caught in an unexpected heavy downpour, which soaked my top coat right through. It stopped a few minutes after we sheltered under a tree which still had leaves, and we continued, feeling rather damp. I showed them around the Cathedral and told them something of its history and use today, then we returned for lunch, most of which I had prepared before we went out, and didn't take long to bring to the table.

It rained again on and off for the rest of the afternoon, and our guests were tired, and didn't want to get wet again, so we didn't go out again as intended to visit the Bay. We sat around and talked most of the time. although I did make a trip out when the rain stopped to buy a few things we were running out of. After supper Sara and Ebba went to bed just after eight, which is nine according to their body clocks. I watched the last two episodes of 'Wisting' on iPlayer, as it's unlikely anyone will be interested in watching this on Saturday except me. Then, after hearing news of the latest rise in bank interest rates, bad for borrowers but good for savers, it was time for me to turn in.

No comments:

Post a Comment