Wednesday 2 November 2022

Night journey

The rainy season continues, plus strong winds today. We were fourteen at St Catherine's for the All Souls' Day Requiem Mass. I passed an hour chatting with people in the church hall after the service before going to collect this week's veggie bag. It was one o'clock when I reached home to cook lunch, but it only took me twenty five minutes to get a hot meal ready, while Clare practiced the piano accompaniment to a piece recorded by Jasmine, sent over WhatsApp. When she's satisfied with her part, I'll record the pair of them and send the finished product back to Arizona.

After a short siesta, I walked over to the Screwfix store to collect the wireless extender ordered yesterday. On the way back I listened on my phone to Solemn Vespers of the Dead from Leeds Catholic Cathedral, sung by a choir of men and boys using a mix of traditional Latin and English texts. Tastefully bi-lingual. 

I added the wireless extender to the home network and set it up for use with the five wireless devices we currently use which don't live in a fixed place in the house. It'll spare us connection annoyances in future.

After supper, I prepared the audio for next Thursday's Morning Prayer and Biblical Reflection. Having had a useful insight into the rather difficult text from Revelation, I wrote the Reflection quickly. Recording and editing came easily, and I finished dead on time to leave for the airport to collect Sara and Ebba from their flight. It was dead on time, and I arrived at the pickup point just as Sara's text message came in, I found them quickly and within ten minutes we were driving back to Cardiff, home by ten thirty. Both were tired by a two journey trip with over two hours flying time and five hours waiting at airports, so we didn't stay up and chat, they went straight to bed.

I was delighted to discover how good my night vision is as a result of the cataract removal. I felt as if I was driving with full confidence and no nervousness once more. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment