Friday 25 November 2022

Hopes hyped for what?

After rising late and a late breakfast, I recorded and edited the audio for next Thursday's Morning Prayer. That was about all I managed to do. It was then time to cook lunch. I went into town afterwards, looking for a bargain. The streets were full of loud inebriated soccer fans commiserating with each other about the Iranians beating Wales in this morning's World Cup match. All that remains is the match against England, which they're not expected to win. All those hopes and dreams inflated beyond common sense, and then the crushing sense of disappointment. Is this really any good for people's mental health?

I've been minded to buy a replacement for my Blackberry for some time. I've had it for four years its case is cracked and chipped, and it doesn't have the capacity or a decent camera of the kind that's commonplace nowadays. I had my eye on the Moto G series, and was pleased to find a G22 at thirty pounds less than the price I paid for my old Samsung five years ago. It's got twice the memory of the Blackberry and may be four times as powerful, such is the development of smartphones.

It was easy to set up and to transfer all the data from my Blackberry. All that remains is to transfer the SIM and memory card, which I'll leave until tomorrow, when we return from choir rehearsal in Llantwit Major. After supper I watched another episode of 'Astrid and Rafaelle' is the detective series is called in France and after exploring my new phone-to-be, called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment