Monday 18 December 2023

London Bound

I woke up in good time for breakfast and get ready for a coach at ten forty five. But first, it was necessary to mail out the four sets of liturgical readings for the coming week, my essential Monday morning task. I walked part of the way to the coach station and caught a bus for the rest, to ensure I got there in good time.

The bus was almost full, and a man took the seat next to me who was perhaps ten years younger than I, a retired engineer who had worked all around the world. We chatted throughout the jouney. Although I didn't disclose I'm a priest, he was keen to talk about spirituality, and in particular the monastic life, as he had often spent time staying in monasteries in the USA where he made his home when his children was young. In adult life they have all moved to the UK, and now he's considering resettling here, and in the process of deciding where. An unusually enjoyable trip.

I reached my sister's place at three and set about troubleshooting her telly, and then setting up her new mobile phone and teaching her how to use it. Then a shopping trip to Sainsbury's, and a walk around the Common to get some fresh air before turning in for the night, quite tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment