Tuesday 19 December 2023

More tech' achievements

Whenever I stay at my sisters place I have a good night's sleep. Her spare bed is more confortable than mine at home. There was more work to do after breakfast on getting the mobile hone settings as easy to use and distraction free as possible, and more practice at using it.

Getting used to the phone camera was also necessary as it looked different. I had to transfer 211 pictures from her old phone to Google Photos, so she can access them on the new phone. The old phone back up wasn't activated. I had to make sure the new phone back up is switched on to avoid grief in future.

June wanted a Pavarotti aria ring tone, so I had to find a recording I could edit and cut to produce a short piece and deploy it for this purpose. I think I made it a bit too long, as it was rather tempting to listen and enjoy it and forget to answer the call!

I met Charlie, her young neighbour who hails from Pontcanna as he brought up some mail for her. A delightful young man. 

Thanks to June's Jamaican friend Elaine, I enjoyed a dish of Curried Goat with cous cous for lunch, and a slice of black Christmas cake to follow. I gourmet trip down memory lane. A warm winter . reminder of days in St Paul's Area Bristol.

There was one last piece of trouble shoting to do regarding passwords. Having decided to make some changes, the problem had arisen with them not being lodged in the Chrome password manager. I started to make changes manually checking them one at a time,  but this was tricky and taxing on concentration. Digging down into the settings I found a crucial automatic prompt for saving a password was switched off. I didn't even know this existed until I discovered it. All will be well from now on with this.

Mid afternoon an Amazon envelope was  dropped off carelessly in the front lobby, rather than delivered to the proper address, but I retrieved it on my way out for a walk. It was a bright red cover for the new phone, easy to spot wherever deposited.

We parted company at a quarter to five and I was forty minutes early for my coach home. The coach arrived seven minutes early, a sign that traffic out of London was flowing freely. 20mph speed limits, whether observed or broken don't seem to add to congestion. Same here too. I walked how along the Taff footpath the Blackweir for the exercise. It was so beautifully calm and quiet in the dark. And it didn't rain. 

Altogether a worthwhile couple of days. I shall sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment