Saturday 30 December 2023

View from a far off tower block

Waking up to more of the same weather, overcast, windy and showers. Pancakes for breakfast with grated apply for breakfast, as unusually we'd forgotten to buy bananas yesterday. Photos from Kath and Anto in a Singapore tower block hotel where they're spending New Year, I think, before flying on to Australia. I dare say they'll have a great view of any firework displays, but a forest of high-rise buildings isn't a place I'd be keen to celebrate anything.

After breakfast I finished and printed off tomorrow's sermon, then went to the Co-op to buy a heavy load of groceries while Clare cooked lunch. Afterwards I started looking at some of the published findings of the 2021 census figures for West Cardiff. A lot to take in and reflect upon in one go, so after a while I went for a walk in the drizzle. I returned before sunset, but low cloud made it seem like the sun had already set.

After supper, I completed and uploaded next week's Morning Prayer video, and then put together a paper with some observations and questions to inform the discussion the Ministry Area Council needs to have with the diocesan head of finance. There was nothing I wanted to watch on telly. Then it was time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment