Wednesday 6 December 2023

Midweek calm

Cloudy and cold, but no rain today. I went to the Eucharist at St Catherine's, charged with opening up the church as Clive who usually opens is away, but others with keys turned up before me. If I had known this, I wouldn't have needed needed to arrive so early, but at least I had an extra fifteen minutes to say Morning Prayer before Bishop Rowan celebrated Mass. 

The church hall was a hive of activity after the service with a small work group assembling Christingle oranges for next Sunday's service. It's a fiddly job and I didn't fancy joining in as stiff fingers make me less dextrous these days than I used to be. After coffee and a chat I went and collected this week's veggie bag from Chapter on my way home.

Clare was cooking lunch when I arrived, so I worked on making the video slide show to go with the audio  recorded yesterday and uploaded it to YouTube after we'd eaten. Then, a walk in the park, and early supper as Clare was going out to her Plygain singing group. I answered a few messages, but otherwise spent most of the evening relaxing, watching a couple of episodes of 'Off Grid' with enchanting villages and scenery in South Tyrol.


No comments:

Post a Comment