Sunday 12 May 2024

Ascensiontide Christian Aid Week

I slept surprisingly well, considering how late I got to bed after travelling. Another warm day and a slow start, driving to church with time to sit under a tree in the plaza in front of Iglesia San Miguel. Others had arrive before me, and were already busy setting up for the service. Altogether there were twenty six of us. 

In Bar Atalaya afterwards, I chatted with a couple involved with the 'Friends of Palestine' humanitarian agency, and the Amos Trust, a human rights NGO working in the West Bank. As well as talking about the war on Gaza, we reminisced about our visits to the Holy Land places we'd visited. They're also still active in running the Greenbelt festival, which they've been involved with since its early days in the seventies. All this, plus working abroad for many years. Characteristic of people who spend time in Spain as visitors or settlers with full and interesting lives behind them.

It was gone three by the time I'd cooked and eaten lunch on returning to Church House. Then I listened to Choral Evensong on Radio Four and fell asleep half way, much to my surprise. To stretch my legs, I then walked as far as the bus stop by the Marinas de Nerja. Owain called me and we chatted. The bus arrived and I got on, still chatting, and walked from the penultimate stop to the Plaza del Salvador, still chatting. After finishing the call, I wandered aimlessly for a while, enjoying the crowd and the atmosphere, then ended by taking the next bus back.

A suggestion was posted on the Daily Prayer WhatsApp group to incorporate into this week's offering a devotional extract from the annual Christian Aid prayer leaflet. A bit too spontaneous for those of us who need to plan and record in advance. We're not as good at team work and consulting as we think we are, unfortunately. Anyway, a challenge is a challenge! 

I re-recorded the start of my weekly offering using the material provided for this Thursday, and edited the audio into the track recorded and archived. It meant trimming my own weekly reflection, but making it more concise is fine. The video making file was also stored in the Cloud, so it was a matter of swapping audio files and adjusting the timing of the slides displayed. Simple steps, done methodically, not difficult when there's no deadline. It was gone ten when I uploaded the new version of Thursday's video to YouTube and deleted the original. All I need to do is edit the text to be posted on the day to match the audio. And so to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment