Thursday 30 May 2024

Respite day

Last night, I changed bedrooms, swapping a double for a single bed, so that I can get the sheets and pillow cases washed before I leave, so that I can leave linen for the single bed in the machine, ready for washing, the day of my departure. A taxi is being booked to get me to Malaga airport by eight o'clock, a week on Monday. The room with twin beds has thicker curtains, so early light won't wake me up quite so soon. Not that it worked, but seven hours good sleep refreshed me well enough after the demands of yesterday. I did some washing after breakfast then spent the rest of them morning writing my Sunday sermon.

Lunch consisted of Tuesday's leftovers, with a deliciously ripe peach to finish. The temperature rose to 28C mid afternoon with little wind, so it felt much hotter, so I stayed indoors just relaxing, not feeling the need to get out and be active, as I usually have done, until late afternoon. I walked down to Playa Playazo and back, before making hummus for supper. Then I walked uphill as the sun was setting, and saw what I think was a swallow resting on a bare branched bush. It took off singing noisily, and I could hear it in the distance for several minutes. I hear as much variety of bird song around sunset as I do at dawn, although the mixture of sounds is distinctly different.

I wrote to my friend Diana this evening to ask if she as a writer unfamiliar with my project would be willing to read through my story and give me an idea of whether it was worth reading, and what may need doing with it. Before bed, I read through a couple more chapters, made some corrections, and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment