A good night's sleep, feeling clear and refreshed when I got up. We had pancakes for breakfast, with batter made with spelt flour, which doesn't bind together well unless an egg is added. Clare cooked one batch and I cooked another and the result was fine. I didn't get any ill effects from the egg content. Somehow my gut, minus gall bladder, has adjusted to digesting modest amounts of dairy products. My body certainly hasn't got used to the clot dispersal medication. An hour after taking it, the usual symptom of intoxication hit me and stayed with me for the next eight hours.
Kath, Anto and Rachel arrived at half past three, after a slow journey in heavy traffic all the way, adding an extra hour to their journey. After a cup of tea, we walked in Pontcanna Fields and took a group photo with the help of passers by. Rachel and I turned back at Sophia Gardens, as I didn't have the energy to go any further. The others continued walking into town to the Park Plaza hotel where Kath and Anto are staying this weekend to make room for the rest of the family when they arrive for our anniversary banquet tomorrow.
Owain called but we didn't hear the phone ringing, as we were just sitting down to the supper Rachel cooked for us. He's got a gig in Bristol tonight, but with be with us tomorrow. Afterwards, we sat in the lounge and made music until it was time for Kath and Anto to walk back to the Park Plaza hotel. Then it was time for us to bring the day to a happy conclusion
No comments:
Post a Comment