Thursday 6 June 2013

A new role for Facebook?

Another beautiful warm sunny day, and with the door into the garden open, the sound of a crowd cheering wildly somewhere in the distance. It took a while to realise that it wasn't someone's telly turned up loud in a kitchen with the patio doors open, nor the distinctive roar of a crowd over at Cardiff City Stadium in Leckwith, it was the cricket crowd at the SWALEC stadium on the Taff side of Pontcanna. The noisy excitement that accompanies the modern game isn't something I've yet got accustomed to expect on the summer air.

I went into the office for the afternoon, to meet Dave Sharpe the co-ordinator of the Barry Business Crime Reduction Partnership, and discuss with him the use of our new crime data sharing ABCP Intranet. He also related how information on suspects and their associates could be gleaned from their Facebook public profiles, thanks to the ingenuous impulse many have to self-publicise. This prompted me to open a CBS Facebook account, to give the CBS team its own access opportunity. It may also be useful for some kind of crime reduction publicity in due course, and help us to raise the profile of who we are and what we do. It's several years since I gave up using Facebook. I found it such a waste of time at a personal level. I'll be interesting to see if if any of us does research suspects in this way.

I got home in good time to cook supper before driving Clare and Gail to Dinas Powis before going to my Tai Chi class, Tonight, by special request, in the absence of our teacher, the group opted to do the entire short form three times - that's the most I've done in one session for years, and it enabled my to work at a part of the sequence where my memory is most flaky. I expect to sleep well after this workout.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment