Tuesday 4 June 2013

Wanderer's return

I cleaned the house through first thing this morning to prepare for Clare's return from visiting Rachel and Jasmine in Arizona. Then Phil came around for coffee and catch-up. Then I went into the CBS office for several hours before going to St Mike's for a final meeting with my tutor group. 

On 29th June two will be ordained to the diaconate, at the end of August one will welcomed into her first pastorate in Methodist ministry, leaving two to return for their final year of studies. We did a bible study together. It was all a bit flat and unemotional really, but so what? They've all survived, but best of all, one who sought to swap sponsoring diocese to start ministry in a strategically advantageous setting has been sent to parish that will be both challenging and beneficial - a happy outcome after enduring a long season of risk and vulnerability.

After checking flight arrival times, I knew when I left College that Clare's flight would be two hours late arriving. It gave me time to go home, prepare a meal and get to my Tuesday Chi Gung class on time before meeting her off the coach. It all worked perfectly. By nine we were at home eating together, and by ten I'd had my first glimpse of the 200 odd photos she'd taken, many of that unique and distinctive rural landscape, beloved of cowboy movies, which is Arizona.

 Like Spain, but redder I thought, as I looked through them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment