Friday 4 February 2022

Photographic memories

Clare has renewed her spa membership for the first time since the pandemic outbreak, and after breakfast she went off to town for a swim. Hopefully it will help with containing hip joint pain. As the weather was bright, if cold, I made myself go out early and not to start any jobs until I'd taken my usual walk around the park. I think that did me good too. I cooked lunch when I returned, while finishing next Thursday's prayer video production. 

Then I switched to backing up the output of my recent spate of photographic activity, so that content is consistent on the web, my PC and a separate hard drive. I got lazy, uploading to Google Photos and using the quite decent on-line editor, then forgetting to copy them to physical devices. My free on-line storage getting rather full, and I've never believed it is right to rely entirely on a storage system you borrow freely but don't own. Now I have things in order again - for a while at least.

After supper I watched last Sunday's tense episode of 'Trigger Point' on ITV Hub, which I missed live. Then I responded to an email from Peta Tracey from Geneva days when she and her husband John were lay leaders of the Gingins congregation which grew into the La Cote Chaplaincy. Their daughter Ann was a toddler when I first met them. Now she's a young married woman, living in Australia. It's lovely to be around long enough to see generations come as well as depart. It's a great bonus, having a personal archive of photos reaching back two decades beyond the 21 years I've been taking digital photos (thanks to digitzing negatives), it keeps all kinds of memories alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment