Sunday 4 December 2022

Underestimating

An eleven o'clock start this morning, celebrating the Eucharist again at St Edward's in Roath. The full choir of eight were there and produced an excellent musical accompaniment for the Mass. I wasn't quite on my best form, having forgotten to check out if there was any Sunday School, which there was. The two people who could have told me about the increased numbers for Communion in the adjacent hall were both away so my catering for the Lord Supper was short by a dozen wafers. I had also forgotten to ask if the chalice was offered, and presumed it was, but Communion was given only in one kind, so I prepared more wine than was needed for one person, but I muddled through anyway. There must have been forty adults and children altogether.

I drove home via Gabalfa, a longer route but much quicker than joining the traffic queues of Christmas shoppers entering or leaving town at lunchtime. After lunch we walked in the park together, but it was very cold, so Clare only stayed out for half an hour. I stuck it out for another hour before returning for tea.

I spent the evening binge watching episodes of 'London Kills' again, as a sub-plot about police corruption runs through later episodes - some of the background music used has hints of 'Call of Duty' about it, that endless saga of police corruption investigations which kept the nation wondering where it would go next.


No comments:

Post a Comment