Thursday 29 December 2022

Rare planetary occurrence.

I woke up early this morning and posted my Morning Prayer link to WhatsApp just before half past seven. After breakfast I went to the Eucharist at St John's. There were ten of us this week. On the walk home it began to our with rain quite unexpectedly, though it had been cloudy with moments of sunshine earlier and it didn't last long, but my rain jacket was soaked.

I made a start on my Sunday sermon for St German's, then cooked lunch later than usual. It was after three by the time I went out for a walk. Half way through it started to rain again, though not so heavily. I took shelter for a while until the rain stopped under one of the few large evergreen trees in the park.  At least I didn't get soaked again. The sky cleared on my way back to reveal a waxing moon with one of the planets nearby high in the sky. Tonight seven planets are visible in the sky at the same time if you know where to look and when, five of them can be seen by the naked eye, a rare occurrence. I think I could see perhaps four from the back of the house, but without a map I can make sense of I'm not sure. This won't happen again for another eighteen years.

After supper I completed Sunday's sermon, then went to bed to watch 'Blacklist' on catch-up while Clare watched something different on telly. It gave me a head start on getting to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment