Tuesday 16 November 2021

Autumn in music and pictures

A trip into town straight after breakfast this morning to meet up with Rufus and chat about his ideas for development new voluntary ministry initiatives, now that early retirement has freed him up to do so. 

I walked along the 61 bus route, too impatient to wait for a bus and risk arriving late due to the erratic timing of the service. Inevitably, in between stops, I spotted one behind me in the distance, and decided to see if I could run the hundred plus metres to the next stop to catch it which I did. Moreover my legs didn't turn to lead on my and I wasn't breathless while running, and only breathing a little heavily for a minute or so when the bus moved off. It must be over a year since I last ran for a bus, so it was a surprise to find I can still do it without getting into trouble.

I walked home through Bute Park, where a work team was erecting a pergola-like framework over a path, which around my curiosity. I learned from the foreman that its part of a special Christmas programme of walks through the park in the dark, with light sculptures, one of which I saw illuminated in a test. The site is surrounded by Heras fencing, so it'll be a pay to enter feature I suspect, but even so, what an interesting innovation.

Clare was out at her study group when I got back home, and I cooked a pasta lunch in good time for her return. In the afternoon I walked in Thompson's Park for half an hour taking photos. The weather over the last few days has prompted more colour changes in trees and vegetation. Between pictures waken in Bute Park and Thompson's Park, I uploaded eighteen, and then pursued an idea that came to me of making a slide show of them with musical accompaniment. 

I sent a message to Rachel to ask if she had anything in her repertoire of original compositions which would fit the bill, and by tea time, I'd downloaded a 'cello piece she was commissioned to make two years ago. It's beautifully crafted and atmospheric, and already I've had a couple of tries at selecting slides and timing them to fit her music. It's still a work in progress, so watch this space! Just as well there was nothing on telly to entertain or distract me, as the project occupied the rest of my day  

No comments:

Post a Comment