Monday 15 November 2021

Family bereavement

After an early breakfast, a share in house cleaning, and then a bereavement call about funeral preparations for a service I'm taking next Monday. Then, a walk to the Co-op to buy a condolance card to send to my cousin Godfrey in North Wales, whose wife Jean died last week in her mid-eighties. She lived with heart trouble for much of her life, including a valve replacement seventeen years ago, and it's remarkable that she lived so long after it. 

His sister Ros, a contemporary of ours, told me this when she rang me yesterday, as I was getting ready for church. We haven't talked since Auntie Ivy's funeral, well before the pandemic started. She lives just half an hour's drive north from Cardiff. It's about time we paid her a visit, while we still can.

While I was out, I collected Clare's eye medication from the pharmacy, and then worked on the four Advent evening services planned for St German's, something I continued with after lunch. This involved lots of text searches, fine editing, cutting and pasting. By the time I'd finished my left wrist was really feeling the strain and needed ibuprofen gel. I don't normally work so intensively on the computer at the same repetitive task, but I wanted to get the job our of the way, in case life does get busier.

After supper, we watched an old 'Fake or Fortune' repeat about the authentication of a couple of paintings by John Constable, then I watched this week's new episode of NCIS before shutting down for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment