Saturday 13 November 2021

Tax done

Having got to bed a little earlier last night, I woke refreshed at first light, and after breakfast was out in the park walking to Aldi for a couple of bottles of their Chianti, which is quite good for a low priced wine, and the to B&M to shop for portable lights. I returned with a LED lamp with a crocodile clip for fixing it to a desk, something I hope will come in useful if my eyes play tricks on me again in low light conditions. It's powered through a USB2 cable you can attach to a phone or a power pack, which makes it easy to adapt in any situation I find myself in. It's go in my grab bag, along with face mask, spare specs, alb and stole.

Then, there was the water rates bill to pay on-line before cooking lunch, a Sunday sermon to complete and print, and after lunch, my tax return to do. This I managed to complete in just a couple of hours. The entire process is simplified nowadays. I wasn't asked for information from my P60 annual income statements, as used to be the case. I suppose this PAYE data is now submitted to HMRC directly when issued. I don't get any income from non PAYE sources apart from locum fees for which I don;t have to be registered as self employed. Finding somewhere to enter this is not obvious, so it ends up doing in the 'extra information' box. It must register somewhere, as is revealed in the amount of tax I pay. Glad that chore is done now.

I cooked a squash and lentil soup for supper, in time for Clare's return home, just after seven. I watched the first of six episodes of the Steig Larsson's 2010 'Millennium Trilogy' and realised that I'd seen it before bundled into three hour and a half movies several years ago. Also I read the book on the second occasion I did locum duty in Montreux, where I found it in the church lending library, reading it to occupy my mind in the days when I was waiting to travel home, poorly with abscess infection running rampant. It's quite an interesting of convoluted story, but horribly violent on times. I wondered if I should have bothered to re-visit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment