Friday 26 November 2021

Paella night

I uploaded the White Ribbon Day Morning Prayer and reflection video link at eight Then after breakfast I walked to St John's for the Eucharist. Mother Francis talked about it in her homily, referring to today's reflection about domestic abuse and violence against women. Nice to know she'd already read it. It's rare to get any feed back about these posts, which makes me wonder how many people in the WhatsApp prayer group us the material offered. Not that it matters. It's good to have the regular discipline of writing a biblical reflection for others. It helps keep the mind sharp for writing a fresh sermon most weeks.

After cooking lunch, I went into town to buy a few ingredients for tonight's paella, including Spanish rice paella spices and fish pie mix, a chicken breast, a tuna steak (for Clare) some black olives and special veg from the market. It's my first attempt at a paella containing both chicken and fish. I think I used too much rice, as there was enough in my special skillet pan for three, and Clare wasn't intending to have paella. She settled for a small amount freed from chicken and pepper, and we had none left over.

Owain's train was badly delayed and it was eight fifteen by the time he arrived.  It's the first time he's been over to see us since Clare's birthday two months ago. Clare returned from choir practice shortly after he arrived, so we were able to eat a late supper together. When Clare went to bed, Owain and I watched the first episode of 'When the Dust Settles' on Walter Presents, about people and events surrounding a terrorist attack on a Danish restaurant. Unfortunately it's another six, no, a ten part serial, one and a half hours per episode. A long hard slog. Is it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment