Tuesday 15 August 2023

Hatless again

Another long night's sleep, waking up unhurriedly at nine to sunshine and warmth after overnight rain. I started work on next Sunday's sermon and then cooked lentils and rice for lunch. We had an appointment with Chris for hairdos at three, and with an hour to spare after eating I sat and watched the last episode of 'Enemy of the People', in which the suspected piramid bitcoin fraud is exposed and the murder exposed due to the courage and persistence of the investigative journalist heroine. 

There's bound to be a second series on the way as only only one of the crooks has been caught. The other has absconded with the remainder of the investors' cash, and there's another murder victim yet to be discovered. What's been interesting in the way this story was told, is the extensive use of text messages printed on-screen throughout. Nothing new in displaying a handful, but the main thread in the messages show is the stream of vile abuse and threats from anonymous social media trollers and conspiracy theorists who are in denial about the reality of the bitcoin scam. I suspect many crimmie viewers will not be aware of how public figures with controversial things to say are persecuted by evil minded keyboard warriors who revel in dispatching their poison to others.

We drove to Rumney and after discussion with Chris, I decided to let him reduce the overall length of my hair and do away with the pony tail. Unless I tie my hair back all the time it blows in my face when I'm outdoors as it's now too fine, and thinning out, so I have to wear a hat all the time, to avoid discomfort and distraction from the hair. I don't think it's been good for my scalp, not being exposed to the elements. So, after a thorough treatment and a loss of 3-4 inches length, I can now go outdoors without needing a hat! It was an interesting experience while it lasted. That was the longest I've ever let it grow, but all good things come to an end. Better to cut it before it falls out.

When we got back, I walked for an hour in the park before supper, then uploaded photos from the last week, and gave Rufus some feedback on a forthcoming job application presentation, then went out for another walk before bed, this time in the dark, without a hat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment