Thursday 24 August 2023

Web bureaucracy

Awake in time for 'Thought for the Day' then I posted the Morning Prayer link to WhatsApp before getting up for breakfast. Then I finished next Sunday's sermon, and worked on a biblical reflection for the week after next until it was time to help Clare cook lunch. 

Afterwards, I found the Parish Sway web-link had  already been posted to WhatsApp by Andrew, to whom I'd already sent the link for posting on Parish Facebook pages yesterday. I thought I was meant to do the former, but when I thought about it, having one person dealing with posting links to both Meta products is a good idea. I discussed it with Andrew and found he was happy to do this. Frances posted the Sway link on the MailChimp circulation list as I'm still waiting to get access to it. Next week she'll be on her way to her new posting in Northumberland, so I hope the MailChimp access code comes my way by then, or the distribution will be less comprehensive than intended.

On my afternoon walk in the park, I spotted a Red Admiral, a cabbage white and got a photo of a Speckled Wood with my Sony HX90. Back in Clare's garden I took a few photos of bees foraging for honey with my Sony Alpha 68 using the 50mm prime lens that I rarely use. I wanted to find out what it can and can't do well, and was pleased with the close up pictures it produced.

Before supper I continued preparing the Morning Prayer text for the week after next, then in the evening, feeling relaxed and in the right frame of mind, I recorded and edited this and the reflection to go with it, made the video slide show and uploaded it to YouTube. It's good to be ahead with this for the moment, as I don't know what extra time and effort will be required for the weekly Sway newsletter until I get used to a routine with it. It may not take long when you're used to it, but it's in nobody's interests for it to become a rushed job or disrupt the rest of life too much. I need plenty of sleep, that's for sure! And so to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment