Wednesday 16 August 2023

Useful day

I woke up and got up earlier this morning, and just as well, as after breakfast I had to drive to St Peter's in Fairwater to celebrate the Eucharist with a congregation of two dozen. While I was having coffee in the hall afterwards, Iona arrived to collect some play equipment for early years open air session the garden of St Catherine's tomorrow. She arrived by bus and intended to return by taxi, but as I was there, I was able to offer her a lift back to St Catherine's with the things she'd come to collect. Then I returned home to get the veggie bag and went to Chapter to collect this week's order. By the time I returned, Clare had cooked hake and oven chips for lunch.

In the afternoon, she started work sanding the wood surface on the garden shed prior to painting it. When she went out to collect the Beanfreaks order, I took over the task and sanded the other two sides that are exposed to weathering. A horribly dusty task. Then it was my turn to take the trolley out and do the week's grocery shopping at the Co-op. By supper time Clare had given the end of the shed with the door a double coat of paint and realised she hadn't bought enough paint on our Saturday trip to B&Q. We need to return tomorrow and get some more.

After supper I finished next week's reflection, recorded and edited this and the office of the day, ready for making a slide video. Quite a useful day, one way or another.


No comments:

Post a Comment