Friday 9 February 2024

Surprise visit

The same weather pattern continues, overcast and damp in the morning, the bouts of rain intermittently all day, sometimes heavy. Quite depressing really. I was up for breakfast at eight thirty, answering emails and writing a reflection through the morning until it was time to cook lunch. I thought the scaffolding might be taken down today, but when a workman turned up, it was to take advantage of our scaffolding to go up and examine the roofing next door around the chimney as our neighbour has found a leak. It's nothing to do with our roof being replaced, but with an existing fault.

When it was time for a walk after lunch it was raining, so I had to dress up and take a brolly. It drizzled for the first hour and rained persistently for the last fifteen minutes, I didn't get as soaked as I did yesterday, thankfully. It's just unpleasant, day after day.

When I got back, I thought I'd check my Post Office money card account, which still has a few euros on it from last year and worked normally. When I tried to use the Money Card app on my phone, I discovered it had been updated and the new version failed to let me log in, or recreate my account. When Clare checked the app on her phone to access her own Post Office Money card, she was able to update it perfectly, witn no problem. The app on my phone was confused by the fact that I have more than one gmail account, and wouldn't let me choose between them. 

When I looked at the reviews on Google Play Store, as many of them had the same experience of logging in as Clare, and an equal number reported a failure or an app so dysfunctional as to be unusable. This is a strange state of affairs. I found I could log into the Money Card website through Chrome on my phone without any problem, so that's what I'll do if I need to check expenditure in future. To hell with the app.

I finished preparing the text for next Thursday's Morning Prayer after supper, but didn't get around to recording it. I watched a couple more episodes of 'Bones', while we waited for Rhiannon to arrive. She came late on a flying visit, having taken a train straight after work. She's on her way to a film studio Bridgend where she has a job as an extra. She has to take an early morning train to arrive there for seven o'clock so she'll only have a short night's sleep, It was delightful to see her again and hear about her recent trip to Venice with her auntie Viv before going to bed at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment