Thursday 1 August 2024

Change of arrangements

A little cooler today with clouds and sunshine. I woke up and posted today's YouTube Morning Prayer link to WhatsApp, listened to the news and then got up and made breakfast. A trip to Tesco's to buy food bank groceries before celebrating the Eucharist at St John's with seven others. Next week this service switches to midday on a Wednesday, straight after the St Catherine's service. I'm not sure how sustainable this is going to be for full time clergy or lay people attending. I see no reason to attend two services in tandem. My contact with St John's regulars will be fewer and further apart from now on. 

Clare cooked mushrooms and prawns with laver bread as a 'snack' for an early lunch, as we're having a big meal tonight when Kath arrives to spend a couple of days with us before she and Anto go to Sta Pola for a much deserved holiday. After we'd eaten I made the video slideshow for next Thursday's Morning Prayer and uploaded it to YouTube. 

Then I walked to Thompson's Park, and saw on the pond the moorhen family swimming together. Both adults and three chicks, neat and small versions of their parents, fully fledged. A perfect photo opportunity, although the photos weren't quite as clear and sharp as I hoped for. Better luck next time. I walked through Llandaff Fields and down to the Pontcanna Street Coop, to buy a bottle of wine for supper on my way back.

Kath arrived just after six thirty and we ate the fish pie Clare prepared. Then we settled down to chat, sharing thoughts about a family Christmas celebration together away from our homes, in a special holiday location big enough to accommodate 6-8. The New Year to come will be one in which both Clare and I have eightieth birthdays, so this could get us off to a good start.

Clare and Kath went to bed before me, so I read a few more chapters of 'Marina' before following them.

No comments:

Post a Comment