Tuesday 13 August 2024

Inertia

A good night's sleep, a mild and cloudy day and a morning of inertia for me in which I did very little apart from looking up the Mass readings for a week Sunday to start thinking about a sermon. We had a brief visit from gas engineer Matt to look at bathroom and shower radiators which are in need of replacement for more efficient ones. He'll send us a quote in a few days time.

I cooked for myself a pork chop lunch, and for Clare a veggie burger. Afterwards, I fell asleep in the chair for over an hour although I wasn't tired. Having resolved to see if it would be possible to repair my phone, I failed to follow this up with a visit to a local repair shop. 

I went to Tesco's to check out the stock of Moto and found only models less powerful than the one I have. I started to walk there but had to turn back for a raincoat and brolly as it started to drizzle when I got to the park. I hadn't thought to check the weather before setting out. As long as the phone is usable with its oddly coloured screen, there's no urgency to go to Curry's the other side of town to buy one. It might be sensible to go there anyway and check what they do have in stock. It may be necessary to buy on line if the website mis-represents what they have in store.

I had supper on my own, as Clare went to her meditation group, then began to get some sermon ideas, so I did a little research and wrote a first draft. Then the eleventh and final episode of McDonald and Dobbs. Will there be any more I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment