Saturday 10 August 2024

Tired Saturday

After some morning showers the cloud cleared and it remained warm and sunny the rest of the day. Both of us were still pretty tired and got up late. I spent the morning writing about our Eisteddfod visit. Clare cooked lunch. 

After we'd eaten I did some advance preparation for the next but one reflection I have to write about a miraculous passage in Acts I find difficult. It tells of the Apostle Peter raising the dead. Throughout the day I wrestled with this and was able to write something simple and the right length in the evening. 

Meanwhile I went for long afternoon walk along the Taff, wishing I'd taken a container with me, as there are still plenty of ripe unpicked blackberries. The SWALEC stadium was at least half full of spectators for a 100 ball cricket match. With all its noisy razzmatazz, it's surprisingly popular form of the game.

After supper, another episode of 'McDonald and Dodds' with a fiendishly complex lot in which the sleuths become the target of a murderous psychopath who seems to anticipate their every move. Then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment