I woke up refreshed from a good eight hours of relaxed sleep for the first time in a year without discomfort from an irritable bowel or bladder awake only for an hour - my first night without aggressive medication working its way through my body upsetting my digestive system. I'm slightly light headed but without feeling faint or drowsy. Clare thinks the buttock wound has closed. I'll wear a dressing a bit longer as a precaution. Her study group arrived after breakfast so I stayed in the front room and worked on transcribing my Ulster travel diary until lunchtime.
The meditation group Clare belongs to met chez nous this afternoon. I joined the two that came. Two more gave their apologies. I went for a walk after lunch before the session started. It was good to experience an improvement in open air spatial awareness in the absence of the drug which has had such a soporific effect over the nine months I've been taking it. I didn't go to sleep during meditation and kept focus on the text chosen from Isaiah 30.15, 'In returning and rest you shall be saved, in quietness and trust shall be your strength.' So my concentration is better too. What a blessing, hallelujah!
A tea time shopping trip to Tesco's for chicken, kefir and a bunch of roses for Clare, and after supper a short walk in the dark to stretch my legs and complete my step quota for the day. I watched the last episode of 'Marbella' again as I wasn't sure if I understood how the conclusion was reached, nor for that matter what the point was of the anti-hero dodgy lawyer's apologia for his support role in the glitzy world of organised Costa del Sol crime. Was this comic irony? Re-watching left me none the wiser. Then I watched another episode of 'Ludwig', quirky, funny, very much a British whodunnit. A world of difference.
All too soon, bed time after a drug free day, although I have been straightforwardly light headed. I wonder if this will wear off when the dipyridamole is completely out of my system, or if it's the aftermath of the stroke and the terrible time I had in hospital? It's a matter of wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment