Another good night's sleep. That's three days in a row that I've slept for more than eight hours. It certainly makes a difference when it comes to coping with the ill effects of medication. Clare went off by taxi to her study group in Penarth, leaving me to re-hang the portrait of young Auntie Betty above the dining room table after Clare had a change of mind, tried it elsewhere, then decided it was OK where it was in the first place. It's not so easy a job, reinstating the necessary picture hooks.
I went out to buy wound dressing from Boots, and chicken legs to roast from Tesco's and cooked lunch when she returned - veg and sausages, vegetarian for Clare, pork for me. I slept for twenty minutes in my arm chair, then went for a walk in Llandaff Fields after a cup of tea. The pale green Maple tree near the Western Avenue exit has turned yellow now. Chestnuts litter the grass. Most of the other trees remain olive green with a scattering of leaves sun scorched brown. One patch of grass near a tree stump has scores of round white mushrooms that resemble those appearing in packages on supermarket shelves. Autumn is nearly here.
After supper we watched another episode of Kabul and then one of Vigil, both on iPlayer. I found the dialogue isn't clear when watching on telly, so I switched to watching on Chromebook and using headphones which was quite an improvement. Then late to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment