I slept well again, woke up feeling clear and sharp, if a little light headed for most of the day. We looked on-line for a suitable replacement standard lamp before deciding which store to visit and buy one from. Few of the designs on offer were of any interest. Clare went off by taxi to her study group in Penarth mid morning. The group is having lunch together today.
I did food and pharmacy shopping, then made lunch for myself, a veggie pasta dish. I needed to sleep for an hour afterwards as I was again drowsy after eating. Then I went to the Post Office to mail a card to Connie and Udo in Germany. When I asked the counter clerk the cost of the stamp he spoke indistinctly from behind a screen. It took two further attempts before I understood what he was saying, partly because I couldn't believe it was so expensive. Three pounds sixty, as much as the cost of the card. Incredible!
Having forgotten to buy chocolate biscuits earlier, I popped into the Co-op to get some before returning home. Clare was just about to cook swordfish steaks for supper when I arrived - a delicious treat. I may have eaten too much today.
I watched a couple of episodes of Norwegian crimmie 'Wisting' on iPlayer this evening, only to realise that I'd seen it before - four years ago in fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment